I’m sure I say this every month, but Wow! Where did October disappear to? I don’t know if it’s the change in weather (it’s definitely getting a bit wintry here in Scotland now), the anticipation of the festive season, or that I’ve been so focused on getting More Organised Ltd up and running… but October went in a flash and here we are already firmly into November. Time to tell you what I’ve been up to over the past month!
Organising Christmas, little by little, gift by gift. Last year I wrote about my desire to simplify Christmas, and I want to focus on simplicity even more this year. I hope that living in the countryside will help. I’ve already found lots of holly and ivy around about, so our decorations will be easy (and natural). The tree will come from the forest. The gifts will be smaller, and bought from small businesses wherever possible. There will be no Christmas parties or pressure this year either, but plenty of quiet family time, long walks and local food. I can’t wait!
Working on the new More Organised website. If you’re reading this, you have already found it, so please have a good look round while you’re here! And do let me know what you like (or dislike) about the new site. It’s bigger than before, with details of my organising services (including virtual organising for clients further afield). You can also find links to media coverage and more portfolio photos. I really hope you like it and enjoy looking around.
- I’m running a couple of workshops here in Dumfriesshire (details on the Facebook page if you want to come along!).
- And I am super-excited to be able to help local charity Massive Outpouring of Love next Thursday, when I’ll be donating a day of my time to help organise part of their depot.
- For those of you further afield, the Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers (APDO) are running a Twitter chat on Wednesday 8th November. Come and join the discussion from 9pm (UK) using the hashtag #NOWorganise and ask your organising questions to a whole Twitter-feed of the UK’s best organisers!
- daily organising tips, special offers and surprises throughout National Organising Week. Make sure you are following More Organised on social media so you don’t miss anything.
Loving my new discovery for stationery and gifts – This Is Nessie. I first found this quirky little stationery company when I was looking for change of address cards when we moved. I was absolutely delighted with the quality of my personalised stationery and the quick delivery. So much so, that I have teamed up with This Is Nessie to offer my lovely readers a 20% discount! Just visit This Is Nessie using this link or use the code ORGANISE20 at the checkout, and you will get 20% off your first order – perfect for a bit of early Christmas shopping, or as a well-deserved gift for yourself!*
Reading The Less You Know The Sounder You Sleep by Juliet Butler, a haunting biographical novel about the Moscow conjoined twins, Masha and Dasha Krivoshlyapova. Nothing to do with organising (for once!) but too beautiful a book not to mention. Disturbing, terrifying, uplifting and fascinating. A true story of survival against the odds, and how the extremes of love and evil shape lives and personalities. I’m still thinking about Masha in particular, a week after I finished the book.*
How has November started out for you?
I would love to hear what you have been organising and working on.
What are you planning for November?
- This blog post contains affiliate links where marked with a “*”. In plain English, this means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase through the links provided. You can be sure that I only post links to products that I love, because I think you’ll love them too! For further information, please read the Disclosure section of my blog below.